Friday, September 15, 2006

An afternoon wasted.

Time Square, and to think i was so excited this morning. I cannot describe to you what a boring place it is. It lacks the life the other shopping malls have, its even more boring than piramid. And here i was thinking there will be a lot of stuff to be seen there. Believe it or not, this is the first time i went there. I know everyone has been there before at least once. Well im the dumb one who hasn't. Sue me. Lol.

Well it was suppose to be an outing for my class and in the end only a small number turned up, including me. I reached there really early and most of the shops weren't opened, so me and david were just walking around, trying to past time. And down there at ground floor there was some event going on, there were a lot of young people wearing green and orange shirts. From what i observed it looks like they were having some hair cut competition. At least that was what i thought. They had some really big mirrors on their work tables. And it looks like each of them has his/her own work table. Cool. But i wasnt interested enough to find out more about it.

Then there was a guest singer performing. To our suprise it was Fauziah Latif singing. I do know she is a great singer and all, but that time, she just sounded really terrible to me. I wasn't really sure why, probably it was my ears, as david had no problem listening to her. To me, either she was trying to bring down the roof or the mike wasn't a good one. Well, when she was done, everyone was cheering. So i guessed it must be me. Oh well.

When we finally got everyone, which was only 7, together, it was already past 12. Gone were my hopes of catching an early movie. After much discussion and " nola, that movie not nice wan, this wan nicer la", we decided to watch Little Man, starring the Wayan brothers from White Chicks, to my disappointment. As i was very much hoping we could watch The Banquet or something else. And then only 3 people brought their student card, so the rest had to pay 8 bucks for their ticket.Lol.

Then we had to grab something to eat because 3 of them were starving. I only shared a drink with someone else, as i had already eaten before. Wonder why i haven't heard of the restaurant's name before "hiong kong char chan teng" yea, i think thats what it is. Such good food but lousy service. Actually thats quite common everywhere, its either the food sucks and the service is alright or the other way round. Right, my thesis at the end of the day? Hong Kong food rawks, period.

The show was not as bad as i thought it would be. Everyone was having a good laugh. Ahh, i wanna watch The Banquet! Mum and dad went to watch it just now, and they say i cant come along because im a nuisance. Bah, as usual. Selfish old farts, well, not exactly, they give me money to shop, so i should be thankful. Lol. After the show, we had another toilet break, yea, seem to be having them a lot. Then we were hanging around the atm machine waiting for the two girls to withdraw money, which actually took them a long long time. And we even had time to go to Borders bookstore to accompany a friend. And when we were back, they were still there. So my friend joked and said that every minute we spent at the bookstore, they will be withdrawing 1 dollar from the machine. Lol. Girls. Im glad i dont have a atm card. Its abit troublesome actually.

The rain stopped so we went across to sg. wang. I was actually trying to look for a bag, but all i saw were shades of bright pink, baby blue, bright yellow and perhaps a few reds and blacks. Flowery and beaded bags were not to my taste. And some even look like bazookas from some angle and some were too flat.There were shinny ones, velvet ones. Welcome to the world of "lalas". ^^ Growing up in PJ have made me dislike these kind of stuff. My type of accesories and clothing are (i think) of better class. No offence, but it just hurts my eyes looking at them. Suprisingly, some people actually look nice wearing them, if they can match the clothes well. Whereas some dont and as a result they dont look as good as they think they do. Im not trying to say that wearing these clothes will make one look like a fashion disaster, Im just trying to express my dislike for those clothes, because i absolutely abhor them. Yes i most certainly do.

Anyway, i managed to get a pair of frayed jeans. Alright, im not gonna start on how i love frayed jeans, you dont have to hear that. And tere was the sales assistant attending me,bloated faced guy, i was very sure he was flirting with me and my friends, asking us where we were from and stuff. Eww, talk about bad timing, i mean, hey dude, ure suppose to be doing your job and trying to convince me to buy that pair of jeans! Not trying to chat up my friends! Ahh well, guys can be dumb sometimes, actually its most of the time. At least i did buy something today, instead of just coming back empty handed. Around 4 something, everyone splitted up. So me and david ended up walking around until five before we left.

Bah, i thought Time Square was a great place, but it is not, there arent much stuff to see. Oh well, at least i can now say that ive been there. Haih, wasted my afternoon, i could have been doing something else. bah.