Sunday, October 01, 2006

A.F.T.E.R

Sunburnt and an injured foot, that was what i got after all the carnival hooha. It was raining in the morning, but thank God that when the carnival started, the rain automatically lessen.

Most of the xyz people were there early around 6.30am to help with the balloons. At first it looked like fun, filling them up with air and tying them up. I was among the few who knew how to tie them, but after the seventh and eighth balloon, my fingers were aching like crazy. And then there were the ones to be filled up with helium. Those were to be tied to the banner for the opening ceremony. By the time we were done with everything, my poor fingers were all red and painful, oh well, for the sake of serving, ill not take that into account.

We hardly had time to finish our breakfast before YB Chew Mei Fun came for the opening ceremony, so we dumped everything and rushed back to tend to the banner. Speeches, yada yada yada, then the time came to cut the ribbons to launch the carnival. Me n dj were crossing our fingers hoping that everything was in place and that the banner would fly.

We were waiting and waiting, then "cut, cut" the ribbons were cut, slowly the banner flew upward, then to our horror, there wasnt enough helium balloons to lift the banner and only half went up. Luckily Pr daniel n the YB just lifted the rest and then the cameras were snapping away. After that whole thing we just tooked our failed banner and put it up against the side of the giant slide. Sad as i was, there was still nothing i could do. Hmm, oh well. Ill, try it again next year, just you wait. *grins*

After that i just went walking around, looking for things to eat and my friends. Most of the game stalls were Malaysian themed like the batu seremban game( man, i miss playing that), some bowling game using coconuts and so on. I didnt really play, thinking i was abit too old for them, eleh, haha, yeah, i was just walking around in circles and surveying the whole scene.

Then when it was my shift, i got my "kaki"s and we took over the morning shift people at the giant slide and the dunking machine. And since my girls were all bugging me to let them take over the dunking machine, i gladly obliged and left it to them, while i try to sort out the mess at the giant slide.

The sun was just coming out, but i didnt noticed. mending the slide was quite fun if one is just standing at the side and bringing the mats up, other than that, its just a very tiring job. And since it was kindda chaotic, i had to move up and down, teaching them what to do, and all our throats were sore form shouting and screaming so much. We all worked and gave our best until around 3 something, when i decided i couldnt stand the heat, so i asked someone to take over, so that i could get drinks for everyone.

And things got worse when i couldnt find my friend, who was holding my bag. Anyway, i found a 10 dollar note in my pocket, lol, dunno how it got there, so i managed to get 7 cans of 100 plus and the lady at the stall was kind enough to give me a discount. weee.

Back to work, and from up there i could see all the pastors getting dunked. Aha, that was really a sight to see. And there was a long line waiting for their turn. And there was once when i was running down the slide and i tripped over the netting, and "lao dou" my right foot, i fell flat, face first, and was stuck there trying to untangle myself, luckily no one saw that. Seriously, that was so embaressing, haha. But i didnt feel the pain until i came back home. And i didnt see the burnt i got until after my bath. Then it got painful, and i noticed that both my shoulders were painfully red, they still are now. Im really hoping myfoot doesnt start swelling or something, or ms Lee will kill me for that. Just a few more weeks to exam and i injured the most important part.

At night during church service, most of my friends who saw me were laughing their heads off at my expense. Darn, everytime church has a carnival, ill get a bad sunburnt as the result of my dumbness for wearing sleveless and not putting sunblock. Haih, nvm, ill remind myself the next time we have a carnival, that would be held at the new premises, as this will be the last time we're having it at dsp. Oh well, what happened has already happened, just have to be careful the next time.

Argh, now ill have to see if my skin will start peeling, sob sob, please God, please dont let my skin peel or anything. And i had a hard time sleeping last night because my shoulders hurt so much i can lie on them. Hiah.

Yeah, but from what i heard, this year's carnival was better than the other ones we had. So i guessed it was all worthwhile? hmm..but i would definately do this all over again. Yay

And my results are coming back, im not sure when, but im really worried, hmm, hopefully i dont fail anything otherwise ill have to sit that stupid paper again. Garh.

Its almost 6 now, and i really need a nap, so there goes my post for this round. Ahhh.....


yes, before i got sunburnt. My nice complextion. sigh..

Just take a look at the redness on my face n my shoulders!! Yeah, i look even more scary in real life.