Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Of seaweed that looks like pig fats, duck legs and frozen chicken in jelly.

Sek Kuan
Thats the name of the restaurant, i think.
According to my mum, its some very very old restaurant, its been there since the begining of time.
Not, its just very very old, im trying to prove my point.

The whole gang was there,
grandma, cousins, aunts, uncle, u name it.
Not that i dont like them,
its just that, im like the youngest there, and the next youngest,
my cousin, is like what, 8 yrs older than me.
And the rest are just as old or older than my parents.
My mum is the youngest in the family you see.
Thats why.

Theres two buildings actually, and cuz my aunt was feeling warm (kononnya)
we went to the one with airconditioning.
Imagine feeling warm when its raining outside.
Oh well,
And the stuff ordered were like some wierd-havent-heard-of-dish
Seems like these were the stuff they used to eat during their time.
frozen chicken in jelly..eww, chicken's cold
raw prawns
some sotongish stuff
some mushroom like thingie
yuck
dont tell them i said this
but its really horrible
the only thing that was alright about that dish was the abalone.

And there was this dish where they served duck legs, with seaweed and something else.
ewww
and to think i didnt know what i was eating
i just swallowed it
bleh
tasted nasty
but i couldnt spit it out
so i just made myself swallow it.
Then some fella told me it was a duck leg
At that moment i felt like strangling my aunt
haih, people finish eating then only say, aiya
Good thing i didnt throw up immediately after that

Then there was this disgusting looking stuff
It was some kind of seaweed that looked like pig fats to me
i didnt want to touch it, in the begining.
but some smartass already took a piece and put it on my plate
Great, another disgusting looking thing to shove down my throat
Good thing there was a few other decent looking dishes
fish and some greens.

Everybody was enjoying the food,
except me and my cousins
Aha, should have took a picture of both of us.
We were just sitting there looking sick.
Then when the older ones couldnt finish,
they just push everything to us young ones,
unfortunately my brother wasnt there,
Bleh, terrible..
And to think these are what they eat last time.
Totally disgusting.

Then came the stories,
ahh
i just sat there and smile whenever i was suppose to
And they went on and on and on
Gosh, i was really wishing they would stop and then we sould go home.
As if i havent heard enough of them.
And when all five sisters are talking together at one time,
Oh man, the noise.
Can kill elephants.
Seriously.
I kept looking at the clock,
till my aunt noticed.
And then she started talking to me.
Phew..
i had to excuse meself to go to the toilet to get away,
otherwise she'll yak and yak non stop
And the toilet,
y'know
old toilets...
disgusting..dont think i wanna go there again.

At last we left,
At around 9.
And the bill came up to around RM400
Gosh, we ate 6 dishes only and its that much.
then later, i found out that each dish is around RM100.
Crazy people,
old people,
i mean, we young people
just go mamak
RM10 enough dy.
right?

And then,
its still not enough of talking for them.
They're now over at grandma's house chit chatting.
Good thing i asked them to drop me of first,
or ill have to spend another 2-3 hours maybe sitting there doing nothing.

Oh well,
they're my aunts
cant say anything,
they'll always be like that.
Everytime my 5th aunt comes visiting from new zealand
there'll be a dinner together.
This is just one of those times.

Hmm, 9 more days till my overseas trip.
but then, when i get back, theres gonna my mid term waiting for me.
Darn, then theres all the presentations.
Sigh..
Nevermind, enjoy first, then die later.
Haha, seems to be that way everytime.

Till then.
^^