Thursday, November 13, 2008

My three month semester break 1

Im back. Back here i mean. Since i came back from kampar, ive been so occupied. Come to think of it, it's kinda funny how i rush from home and back home everyday. Haha. Especially that time when i just came back from cf camp, the next morning i had to go for my Starbucks training at Berjaya Times Square. Ohya, i forgot to mention, I worked at Starbucks for about 2 weeks plus.

Drama betul that time.

Well, lemme tell you something about working at starbucks. During your training, the facilitators will motivate you like kau kau. Then when you go back to start working you'll face the "real stuff" in the shop. And then you'll see the ugly side. Well, i understand that every management has their own shit but sometimes its really the management;s fault for screwing things up. I was so disappointed when i started my shifts. You see, their standard has been dropping a lot and the reason for this is because of certain partners who have worked there so long, and because of this it's hard for them to keep up their enthusiasm when working. I dont blame them but then i dont think they should keep this attitude up, it's bringing down their sales and customers get annoyed.

I mean really annoyed.

Another thing was that, I had to learn everything on my own, without much guidance. And that really sucked big time, believe me. Futhermore that was certainly not what I was told in my training. During that two days, I was given the impression that I would have every partner's guidance in learning all the twists and turns of becoming a barrista, and seriously I took my job very seriously. But unfortunately, that didnt happen and I went home everyday cursing away at my shop's management, my colleagues and regretting my decision of joining them. Well, at first I thought I could do it on my own without anyone's help and just slog it through till end of this year, then it became worse and I thought, the heck with all this nonsense, Im quitting.

ps. These are just a few things concerning my work there. You wanna know more, come ask me yourself kays.

If the bad experience with the management wasnt enough, when i wanted to quit, they just had to give me so much trouble. In the end I had to go without my 2-3 weeks worth of pay, mind you it was 8 hours or more per day alright.

Aih, oh well. A lesson well learnt.

Currently Im working at a company at Pusat bandar damansara, near where Help university is located. They're called Duns&bradstreet Malaysia. Not as fun as making drinks and serving customers though but the pay is so so much better, and there's no MOD breathing down my neck in case I havent finished a certain assignment. Well, there's so much more freedom now, I get to be on9 the whole day AND Im allowed to have as many breaks as i want.

That reminds me of my breaks when i was working in starbucks. Seriously, i was so pissed when they told me that i can only have my break when my next partner comes in which would always be after 3.30pm..haiya, if like that then no need to have lunch break at all la..

Anyway, im not working there anymore haha.

Now Im thinking of the time when im going back to kampar, next year january. Yay. Then i would be able to meet my classmates, I cant wait, I miss them so much.

Now my daily schedule only involves waking up at 7 in the morning, going to work, coming back at 7pm, dinner, talking on the phone until around 12 before falling asleep. Then the next day, everything starts over. Kinda dull, i know, but im kinda working for the money so..GAMBATE!

Anyway, Im having my lunch break now, I have to start work in awhile. And this post is actually for some people who have been nagging me to update my blog. Hah, didnt even know people still read this.

Till then.
















See ya.